This article is all about CoAbode single mothers house sharing. According to the CoAbode website the mission statement and vision statement of the organization are as follows:
“CoAbode’s mission is to provide support and services that connect women raising children alone. Through this connection, single parent women families pool their finances and resources to improve their living conditions for themselves and their children by sharing a home. CoAbode was founded on the principle that two single moms raising children together can achieve more than one struggling alone. Through a variety of community based programs CoAbode provides single mothers with affordable housing opportunities, specialized support groups, educational scholarships, community outreach and involvement as well as referrals to vital resources designed to make parenting a child alone easier, healthier and more secure.”
“Improving the quality of life for single mothers and their children”
The CoAbode website: using CoAbode
All of the information that you need about CoAbode single mothers house sharing can be found at the CoAbode website. Once you are on the website you will find that it is actually very easy to apply to benefit from the CoAbode program.
Steps in applying for free CoAbode single mothers house sharing membership
Membership for CoAbode single mothers house sharing is absolutely free and is aimed at helping single mothers for no profit. Here are the basic steps that you need to follow if you want to apply for CoAbode single mothers house sharing assistance.
- STEP 1: The first steps involves filling in the registration form that can be found at the CoAbode website. To get to the registration form you can either hold your mouse over the link on the left hand side of the page that says “Programs”, click on “House Sharing” and then click on the link that says “Click here to register for this program” OR you can simply go to http://www.coabode.org/join.php. Fill out the form in detail and be honest. Remember that the username that you choose will be the name that other members see when they look at your profile.
- STEP 2: The second step involved in registering for CoAbode single mothers house sharing is to fill out the questionnaire about your personal information. There are two different types of questions in this section, namely the multiple choice questions and the essay questions. Answer all of them comprehensively and honestly in order to continue with the registration process. This will help other members of the CoAbode website know who you are and give them a clear idea of what you are looking for. This personal profile can be updated and changed at any time which is useful if your situation changes and you need different things than you may have done previously.
- STEP 3: This step involves you searching the website for another single mother who is in a similar situation for you and are looking for the same things that you are. The website has a private email box system so you will be able to make contact safely with other moms. You need to be patient – it may take a while for you to find the right single mother to CoAbode with, but this website offers you a large number of options and you will eventually find what you are looking for.
This next section deals with some of the basic information related to CoAbode single mothers house sharing.
Firstly it is worth noting that CoAbode functions at a nationwide level which means that you will have access to the service in any state of the country. This is very useful to keep in mind and it also means that you may be able to use CoAbode single mothers house sharing options to move to a different state that you are interested in living in.
The number of members in each area served by CoAbode can differ significantly, but because of the media exposure the organization has there are likely to be many options available. Even if there are only a few other single mothers living in your area you should still be able to make a match. In the past matches have been made with only 7 members living in an area, so it is possible even if your area is not popular. To find out if there is another single mother in your area that belongs to the CoAbode single mothers house sharing website and who has the same aims as yourself you will have to join the website and do a search of your area.
The time it takes to find a housemate will depend on a number of factors such as your personality. This is someone whose family you and your children intend to share a home with. You need to take your time to find the right person. You should carefully interview all of the candidates and consider their pros and cons carefully. It doesn’t hurt to be strict because this is a very important decision to make and you do not want to make a mistake in the process.
It is very important that you get to know your prospective roommate very well before making the final decision to move in with her or to allow her to move in with you. This is one of the most important tips from the website. There are a few things you can do to avoid the roommate from hell:
- Visit her current residence in order to get an idea of her habits and lifestyle. There is no better place to find out about her than in her own home.
- It is very important that your children and her children interact well with each other. They will have to live together so they need to be able to get on.
- If possible it may be a good idea to spend a week or so living together before actually committing to moving in.
- Combine the information provided about the single mother on the CoAbode single mothers house sharing website with your own interview skills to determine suitability.
There are a number of things that you will need to do in order to find a housemate quickly. Firstly you will have to be proactive. You may not have a lot of success if you sit around waiting for someone else to contact you. Contact as many potential housemates as possible and be positive in your dealings. Be persistent, but have realistic expectations, and give yourself enough time.
Even if you don’t want to engage in CoAbode single mothers house sharing there are still other ways that you can get support from the CoAbode group. There is the circle of friends where you will be able to connect with other single mothers on a daily basis for day-to-day emotional support. This can be a very useful aspect of the site.
Although at present you can only benefit from CoAbode f you are a single mother, in the future it is expected that the service will be extended to single fathers as well.
What CoAbode will help you do
There are a number of benefits that CoAbode single mothers house sharing will give you access to:
- CoAbode allows single mothers to live together and as a result they will be able to split costs. This allows you as a single mother to afford better housing in a safer school district. Better housing will mean that your child will have a more comfortable life, while the advantages of living in a good school district are obvious in terms of your child’s future.
- Another service offered by CoAbode single mothers house sharing is helping single mothers hold on to their homes following a divorce. This means that there will be less of a disruption in family life for your children, another advantage that will help them adjust better to their changing circumstances.
- The cost of your rent if you are living in a CoAbode single mothers house sharing situation will be halved. These are not the only costs that will be reduced. All living and overhead costs will be reduced by about 50% assuming that you and the other single mother that you have been matched with are contributing equally to the situation.
- Because of the previous point you may find that you will have more money left over. This will allow you t pursue activities with your children for the sake of enjoyment rather than necessity and in turn this increase in stimulation will help your children to flourish in all aspects of their lives.
- Last but not least CoAbode single mothers house sharing will allow a family to remind themselves of what it means to flourish and to d really well in life.
- CoAbode single mothers house sharing also offers specialized support groups, an online forum, access to affordable housing, and many different resources for single mothers.