Reassuring Answers to Your Most Challenging Concerns by Andrea Engber and Leah Klungness
One of the most popular single parenting books in this day and age for single mothers who are wondering how to deal with the stress of raising children on their own is The Complete Single Mother: Reassuring Answers to Your Most Challenging Concerns by Andrea Engber and Leah Klungness. Being a single mother is not an easy job, and there is no shame in looking for help from an excellent resource such as this book.
There are many issues that a single mother may come up against when attempting to raise her children in the best way possible. In The Complete Single Mother these issues are addressed in an easy-to-understand way that will allow you to raise your children well. The main issues that this book addresses are:
- How does a single mother maintain relationships beyond the family unit? It is very important not to become and isolated family. The interaction with people outside of your immediate family unit is essential to raising your children well, not only because of the support that you will be able to get from these people, but also because human contact is always a good thing to maintain at all times.
- How do I keep myself and my family afloat financially? This is one of the big questions that single mothers face, and in this book you will find many ideas and tips on how to deal with the financial troubles of being a single mother in the 21st century.
- How do I deal with the trauma of giving birth for the first time? Falling pregnant happens more easily than you may think, and it is a tough situation for expectant single mothers to deal with. All of the advice and encouragement you need can be found in this book.
- How do I deal with the issue of their absent father? There are many tough questions that you may have to deal with here, such as explaining to your children where their father is and perhaps even having to deal with father himself when he comes knocking. These problems will all be addressed in The Complete Single Mother.
- How soon is too soon to consider dating or getting married (again or for the first time)? Being a single mother doesn’t need to mean that you are you of the dating game, but there are many considerations to keep in mind as a single mother in this regard.
- How do I get through the trauma of the custody battle? In many cases you may have to fight for your children. This is not easy and can be very disheartening, but this book will provide you with the strength you need to get through this.
Originally posted 2012-02-02 05:47:21.