Deciding on a family holiday destination can be rather overwhelming. You want to make sure there is enough for the children to occupy themselves with but you also want to be able to have some time for yourself. Beach holidays for single parents let you do just that. Although you want to create some wonderful memories with your children, you also want the chance to unwind and relax without having to keep the children busy the whole time. Beach holidays for single parents give the parents the opportunity to have some free time while the children are occupied with a range of activities ranging from water parks to swimming with dolphins.
If you’re a single parent looking for a break from the daily grind, a great idea is to take yourself and your kids off on a beach holiday. Aside from renting a holiday house, there are resorts that cater specifically for single parent families.
Beaches is the family resort brand of Sandals Resorts International, which is a well-known name in Caribbean resorts.
There are three Beaches Resorts in Jamaica and one in Turks and Caicos. These resorts have nurseries and programs especially for kids, and focus also on preschool children instead of just the older kids.
Some of the features available include :
- Kids Program: This serves many different age groups, from infants all the way up to over 13 years of age. The program is open for older children until 9pm, and there is a professional nanny service available for after-hours care.
- Sesame Street: This is aimed at the preschool kids, and features stage shows, daily activities, cookie-making and much more.
- Teen and Tween Programs: These feature hangouts just for this age group and include a DJ academy and a themed nightclub.
- Gaming Centre
- Watersports: This includes sailing, glass-bottomed boats, hobie cats, snorkeling and much more.
Beaches Resorts also feature Single Parents Months, which run from end-August to end-October, and includes a waiver of the single supplement for single parents, which means a drastic reduction in the price of accommodation.
Franklink D. Resort, Jamaica
Upon arrival of this popular all – inclusive Jamaican Resort, each family is assigned a Vacation Nanny – an indulgence you won’t find anywhere else in the Caribbean. The nanny will keep your children entertained while you can take advantage of the adult activities like scuba diving or lounging by the pool, removing the hassles and bother from your holiday which translates to peace of mind and relaxation for you, the single parent.
Yellow Bird Kids Club offers children between the ages of 3 and 16 a choice of various fun activities. These activities include fishing, soccer classes, tie – dye classes, cooking classes, evening beach games, waterslides and more. All pools are fully supervised allowing you to take some much needed time for yourself.
Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Another all – inclusive resort, Club Med offers an assortment of activities for kids and parents alike. Set on an extraordinary half – mile stretch of silky white sand, this beach has been named one of the most beautiful in the world. Newly renovated, this resort caters specifically for children.
Features and Activities for Kids Include:
Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
Atlantis was created by South African hotel magnate, Sol Kerzner in 1998. Paradise Island, consists of 2,900 rooms, a water park, aquariums in the lobbies and a Marina Village. Paradise Island catering especially for kids consists of a playful universe of waterfalls, waterslides, swimming pools and fountains. It is one of the better suited resorts for children with remarkably diverse activities for kids.
Some of the activities for children include:
- For kids ages 3 to 12, there’s the Atlantis Kids Adventure Program, a supervised day camp that offers a range of activities, from cooking lessons to high-tech games.
- Toddlers Activities: Toddlers can choose between helping feeding the fish in the aquarium, creating their very own stuffed animal from scratch, watching a movie or learning to do some pottery.
- Preteens: Preteens can spend their time in a no parents allowed club, playing in the Games Arcade room, swimming with dolphins, joining a pottery class or enjoying the waterslides.
- Teens: Teens can occupy themselves by going scuba diving or snorkeling, dancing at an under 16’s club or exploring all the water rides on offer.
With one of the most extensive children’s packages in the Caribbean, the Atlantis Resort has no problem catering to kids of every age. All baby sitters are qualified in CPR and childcare, letting you the single parent, relax on your own or with other single parents while your children are off having the time of their lives.
Beach holidays for single parents is a great way for you to relax while the children are looked after, making new friends and having the time of their life. Not only do beach holidays for single parents let you get away from the never ending chores of running a home, working and caring for your kids all on your own, but it also gives the whole family a chance to relax and unwind and spend some quality time together in a new environment.